Mobility Portal, Spain
Date: April 22, 2024
Avere-France emphasizes public support, noting that “half of the drivers might have abandoned EVs without incentives”
By Lucía Colaluce
French flag

Avere-France emphasizes public support, noting that “half of the drivers might have abandoned EVs without incentives”

In March, 53,239 EVs were registered. Despite these numbers being positive, Avere-France acknowledges that without public incentives, the results would not have been the same. Which sectors need to be incentivized?
Clément Molizon, General Delegate of Avere-France.
Clément Molizon, General Delegate of Avere-France.

According to the report published by Avere-France, in March 2024, 53,239 electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) were registered, representing a 9.3 per cent increase compared to the same month the previous year.

These numbers also represent a market share of 24.5 per cent, surpassing 1.7 million cars in circulation.

Clément Molizon, General Delegate of Avere-France, explains: “The market still benefits from the enthusiasm of individuals, supported by a still high level of assistance.”

He continues: “This public support is necessary; our latest opinion survey indicates that half of the drivers could have given up their purchase in the absence of assistance“.

The delegate emphasizes two essential points that should not be overlooked in this field.

“On one hand, the suspension of the incentive for legal entities, including companies”, he comments first.

“On the other hand, the deliveries of vehicles acquired under social leasing schemes and the start of marketing new cars that expand the services offered”, he adds.

Regarding quarterly registrations, as of 2024, 86,643 fully electric private cars and utility vehicles and 38,657 PHEVs have been registered, reaching a total of 125,300 registrations (16.5 per cent more than in the same period of 2023).

This number was segmented demographically by the association, with Île-de-France being the region with the highest number of registered units (12,227), of which 5816 belong to individuals, 748 to utility vehicles, and 5663 to plug-in hybrids.

Demographic segmentation of cars registrations in France

With a difference of approximately half the number of cars, Auvergne Rhône Alpes follows with 6561, Hauts de France with 5101, Provence Alpes Côte D’Azur with 4777, and Occitanie with 4577.

Next is Nouvelle Aquitaine with 4164 registered cars, Grand Est with 4028, Normandie with 2946, Pays de la Loire with 2842, and Bretagne with 2179.

Finally, occupying the last places on the list, are Centre Val de Loire with 1764 registered units, Bourgogne Franche Comté with 1620, Corsica with 370, and Dom Tom with just 14.

On the other hand, the association also analyzed who the largest purchasers of EVs are.

Individuals account for the largest percentage of the total customer base at 62.95 per cent, while legal entities make up the remaining 37.05 per cent.

In the case of PHEVs, the opposite occurs: legal entities represent 81.23 per cent, while private buyers represent 18.77 per cent.

Percentage of customers of EVs by Avere-France

As Molizon mentions, observing these percentages is relevant to determining which sectors need to be incentivized.

What are the most chosen EV models in France?

In compliance with to the report, among the preferred zero-emission cars is the Renault Zoe, with 2,292 units registered.

This figure represents a 57 per cent increase for the brand compared to the same period in 2023.

In second place are the Peugeot 208 with 983 registered cars, representing a 118 per cent increase over the previous year; and the Fiat 500 with 603 units, which translates to a 302 per cent increase.

Regarding hybrid technology, the Mercedes GLC is the most chosen model, with 538 registrations, experiencing a 114 per cent growth compared to 2023.

Following it is the Peugeot 3008 with 481 registered units, which is a 20 per cent increase; and the Volkswagen Golf with 477 vehicles, meaning a 196 per cent increase.

Most chosen EV models in France

Finally, it is worth mentioning the electric motorcycle market.

During January and March 2024, only 3,471 units were registered, representing a 16 per cent decrease compared to 2023.

The most chosen designs were the BMW CE04 with 359 registrations, the LIGIER PRO PULSE 3 with 350, and the TALARIA STING with 133.

Separator Single Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *